which maven Archetype to use for standalone java project
I am planing to create a maven project to develop a batch program that can be scheduled in windows system.
here is my requirement.
- there is no database interaction
- need to read xml data and send email using log4j
- build jar of the java project.
- thinking to use spring OXM with JAXB
- need to create .bat file so that it will be schedule using windows task manager for to run it every 2 hours. so I am planing to have a project such that the data configured in xml will be outside of my jar.
please advise which Archetype to select and help on my requirement.
You should use maven-archetype-simple to create simple jar project
You should run the following command
mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-quickstart -DinteractiveMode=false
If you are using Eclipse, then while creating a maven project from wizard it will give one check box on top which says "Create a simple maven project.........". You can select this if you are confuse with what type to select