What are all the possible settings attributes in TinyMCE's addButton() function?
The documentation is not very clear on this.
name - String - Button name to add.
settings - Object - Settings object with title, cmd etc.
"etc"? Really? Where can I see the rest of the possible attributes?
- autofocus: True if the control should be focused when rendered
- border: Border box values example: 1 1 1 1
- classes: Space separated list of classes to add
- disabled: Is the control disabled by default
- hidden: Is the control hidden by default
- icon: Icon to use for button
- image: Image to use for icon
- margin: Margin box values example: 1 1 1 1
- minHeight: Minimal height for the control
- minWidth: Minimal width for the control
- name: Name of the control instance
- padding: Padding box values example: 1 1 1 1
- role: WAI-ARIA role to use for control
- size: Size of the button small|medium|large
- style: Style CSS properties to add
- text: Text to display inside widget
- tooltip: Tooltip text to display when hovering
For a full list of all the settings and methods see the TinyMCE documentation page
What you would like to know is what settings may fit into the settings object (tinymce 3). Here it is:
title --> title label --> label scope --> scope onclick --> function to be called onclick menu_button --> flag, defines if the button is a menu button cmd --> tinymce command to get executed onClick ui --> paramter for the tinymce command cmd value --> value for the tinymce command cmd
Those settings get assigned in the function createButton of the class ControlManager.
Having had the same issue trying to find the addButton docs in V4 I found the link, just in case anybody needs it.
Hope it helps someone!