MySQL Workbench not displaying query results
When I query a table in MySQL Workbench, no results are shown, the result section is just blank, no grid or anything. However if I export the data, it is all there. Everything worked fine until a couple days ago.
- Max Length = 65536
- Continue on SQL Script Error = true
- "Safe Updates = true
- Leave autocommit mode enabled = true
- Progress status update interval = 500
- Default algorithm for ALTER table = Default
- Default lock for ALTER table = Default
- Limit Rows = true
- Limit Rows Count = 1000
- Max Field Value Length to Display = 256
- Treat BINARY/VARBINARY as nonbinary character string = false
- Confirm Data Changes = True
No queries work, an example would be SELECT * FROM database.address
I had the same problem after upgrading to Ubuntu 14.10. I found this link which describes the steps to be followed in order to apply the patch. It takes a while since you have to start all over again: downloading, building, installing... but it worked for me! Sorry I'm not an expert and I can't provide further details.
Here are the steps described in the link above:
If you want to patch and build mysql-workbench yourself, get the source from for 6.2.3. From the directory you downloaded it to, do:
tar xvf mysql-workbench-community-6.2.3-src.tar.gz && cd mysql-workbench-community-6.2.3-src
wget -O patch-glib.diff 'http://bugs.mysql.com/file.php?id=21874&bug_id=74147'
patch -p0 < patch-glib.diff
sudo apt-get build-dep mysql-workbench
sudo apt-get install libgdal-dev
cmake .. -DBUILD_CONFIG=mysql_release
sudo make install
Hope this can be helpful.
At least on my computer it's not dissapeared, just folded, and it's edge is almost merged with the edge of 'Action Output' block. When you move your mouse to that edge, the cursor starts looking like a dash with two arrows. Slowly move it couple of pixels higher until you catch the small 1px area where the cursor changes to a dash with a single arrow. Then catch it and pull : )
I've made a couple of photos to illustrate this.
New to MySql myself and found this is happening on Windows as well. Goto Query > Explain Current Statement > click on the Results Grid icon on the far right of the Visual Explain window that shows by default. You may have to toggle through the up down arrow icons to see it.
The problem, as it is described, corresponds exactly to the bug MySQL Bugs: #74147: empty grid result, incompatibiliity with libglib_2.42
The good news is it's almost closed.
A patch is available since today.
EDIT : In Debian Jessie (testing), the problem is solved with the package mysql-workbench 6.2.3+dfsg-6 available since today.
It was really frustrating as it was still happening in the workbench version 6.3.10 (for mac) available in the mysql official site (here). I got it resolved by first collapsing the bottom panel (check the top right in the attached image (termed as collapse button)) and then pulling up the empty region from the bottom. Now if I again click on collapse button this time result grid is visible along with the action grid.
Update manually from mysql website
Here's a solution for Ubuntu 15.04 users running Mysql Workbench 6.2.3.
I was able to resolve the issue of missing results in the Mysql workbench by just upgrading mysql-workbench to version 6.3.3 from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/. You will need to download the one marked for Ubuntu 14.10. An install via Ubuntu software center resolved the issue. Hope this helps.
This was still happening to me on version 6.3.9 on OSX. I downloaded 6.1.7 again to actually see the result grid again.
What a pain in the butt!
I'm using MySqlWorkbench 6.3.9 on macOS and has this problem. I removed the app and installed 6.3.10 which solves the problem.
If you do not want to compile it yourself you can go to:
Applications→Ubuntu Software Center→Edit→Software Sources→Updates
there you can check hardy-proposed is ticked(for 14.10 will be utopic-proposed)
Source then simply go to terminal and type:
sudo apt-get install mysql-workbench
As a note, you will get other updates to, witch may not be stable!!!
MySQL Workbench 6.3.4 fixes this issue. Custom builds are not needed anymore.
The result set wasn't showing for me either. I was able to make it appear by hiding the output area and running a simple select statement. Then I "show"ed the output area again and had what I was looking for -- both the result set and the output area
I was able to solve this issue by doing the following...
- Go to the MySQL website for Workbench: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/
- Once there scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the tab that says "Development Releases"
- Select your platform, download & install
You will likely want to uninstall any workbench packages already installed. GL!
I had the same issue. Using MySQL 6.1 Workbench.
After a while (2 mins), it just crashed. Reported bug, saved files and reopened. It works now.
I guess I would suggest if that happens again, to immediately save the open scripts, close MySQL and restart it.
The problem is with the TAB. From the tab's title I assume you first made a right click > "Select Rows - Limit 1000". But when you enter a different query in the opening tab, it won't show anything any more... Don't know why. Open a new tab for manual queries, then it will work.
I have updated macOS to 10.13.4 and it works.